How to Join the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) Provider Networks
Request a Provider Record ID
Before you can file claims or become a participating provider the BCBSTX Provider Networks, you will need to be assigned a Provider Record ID. Learn More
Get Contracted and Credentialed
Review the following information on our plans and networks below, then refer to the How to Join page to be considered to participate as an in-network provider:
- Blue Advantage HMOSM Network Participation and Blue Advantage PlusSM HMO
- Blue Choice PPOSM Network Participation
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (HMO)SM Network Participation
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Dual Care (HMO SNP)SM Network Participation
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (PPO)SM Network Participation
- Blue PremierSM and Blue Premier AccessSM Network
- Blue EssentialsSM and Blue Essentials AccessSM Network Participation
- Medicaid (STAR) CHIP and STAR Kids Network Participation
- MyBlue HealthSM Network Participation
Check the status of your application
You can check the status of your complete application using our Case Status Checker and Credentialing Status Checker . If you are accepted, you will receive a welcome letter with your network effective date.
Once you are part of our networks, we strongly encourage you to use all available electronic options. Learn More
Notify us of any changes
- To change a TAX ID or request a termination from a provider network, contracted providers or groups (excluding Par Agreement) should contact your Network Management Consultant.
- Providers needing to update demographic information on an existing record (i.e., addresses, specialty,NPI), should complete and submit the Provider Demographic Change Form.
Locate a Participating BCBSTX Provider
To locate a provider participating in a particular plan or network use the BCBSTX Provider Finder